Monday, March 23, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!




Las Vegas for Spring Break! So nice! It was my last spring break so it was nice to travel somewhere sunny and warm with super shopping! As always, vacations with food allergies can be a hassle, but this one was far from that! Luckily we were staying in a timeshare so it had a kitchen. No problem because there was also Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in Vegas so I just planned on doing a shopping trip there the first day. I was super excited to go to Trader Joe's because we don't have that in Colorado but it ended being too far away so we just went to Whole Foods instead. From a food allergy standpoint it was amazing! They had vegan and vegetarian labels in the salad bar. As well as, wheat free, vegan, wheat free/vegan labels in the bakery. They even had raw blueberry cake (GDF) but it was $6.50 so I passed. We made spegetti for 2 nights, had soup another and BBQ salmon on the hotel grill for the final night. The hotel was very supportive of cooking with a well stocked kitchen, grocery store shuttles and a grilling area.

We decided to only eat out 2 nights. One we went to PF Changs on the strip because we knew they had a GF menu. It wasn't that good and I'm kind of tired of it now because we always go in Denver. So I probably won't be eating there for a while. The other night we got unlimited sushi for $20 each at Ah-Sin in the Paris Paris Hotel on the strip. It was super yummy! I woke up the next morning thinking, mmmmm I want sushi! They didn't have tamari though so I had to eat the sushi plain.

Walking around the strip was super crazy. People with open beers, so many bars and resturants, I just wanted to eat and drink all day. But I didn't.... Overall, I would recommend Las Vegas for the gluten free because of the ability to shop at natural food stores and the variety of resturants on the strip including ethnic and chain (with a known GF menu) resurants.



(Some) of my sushi

No comments: