Sunday, September 19, 2010

Gluten Free Bisquick

I am starting to feel like a normal eater again; Bisquick, bread, cupcakes for my birthday and so many restaurant choices. It seems like I notice some new every week! I've been waiting all summer for Gluten Free Bisquick to come out and finally I saw the little box on the shelf at King Soopers. I was like what to make! I first thought of pancakes, because that's what we always used it for when I was little. But I also remember that always making me sick. So no pancakes. Plus, I like the Bob's Red Mill Mix for that. Then I remembered my mom used to make strawberry shortcake with it but I wasn't having people over anytime soon so nix that idea too. So I went onto the Betty Crocker website and looked for recipes they made. I decided on Easy Sloppy Joe Pot Pie. I went to Whole Foods and bought some all natural BBQ sauce and ground turkey (beef would have been better) . It was very easy, just mix up the Bisquick and a few things, then put over cooked meat and bake. The Bisquick rose on top of the meat and had a pretty good texture. Not so much a good flavor though... I might make this again with beef just to see if it's better. But next I want to try biscuits or shortcake!


Easy Sloppy Joe Pot Pie
Makes 4+ servings

1 LB ground beef
1 onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 can (15.5 oz) original sloppy joe sauce (I used an all natural BBQ sauce)
1 C cheddar cheese ( I didn't put this in and was too scared to use the fake stuff)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 C milk (I used almond)
1 C Gluten Free Bisquick

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly grease bottom on 8x8 (2 quart) glass baking dish.
3. Cook beef and onion in skillet till browned. Drain.
4. Stir in sloppy joe sauce and cheese.
5. Spoon into baking dish.
6. In medium bowl, stir together eggs, milk and Bisquick.
7. Pour over beef mixture.
8. Bake for about 30 minutes.

Enjoy!
From bettycrocker.com

2 comments:

My Velvet Bumper said...

I was a little skeptical of this post since it started out with a typo, but success, gluten free sloppy joe pot pie, yum ;) sounds delicious.

RedFreckles said...

Fixed! Thanks fellow blogger!